Ministry of New & Renewable Energy (MNRE) has issued the clarity on simplifying the net-metering & subsidy process provided on grid-connected rooftop solar plants.
Procedure as follows:
- Applicants will need to register on a national portal (not specified yet) which will be inter-linked with DISCOMs portal.
- After registering & providing the necessary details like bank account & others, the beneficiary will be notified about the process & the subsidy amount on the national portal.
- The application will be forwarded online to the concerned DISCOM for issuance of technical feasibility approval within next 15 working days.
- After obtaining technical feasibility, select any vendor or install by self as per the guidelines (will be issued by MNRE sooner). Solar modules must fulfill the criteria of DCR & ALMM while the grid-tie solar inverter should be certified by BIS only.
- Applicant will need to install the plant in the specified time otherwise it will be cancelled & has to re-apply for the same.
- On the national portal now applicant has to apply for net-metering which will be then forwarded to the concerned DISCOM. Net-meter either provided & installed by DISCOM or procure the net-meter as per the prescribed specification (should be tested & approved by DISCOM before installation).
- After installation of net-metering, the DISCOM officer will submit a commissioning & inspection report on the national portal, which will be reflected on the DICOM portal.
- On receiving the inspection report, the subsidy amount will be released directly in the account of the houseowner by DISCOM.
- Whole process will be monitored & a grievance redressal mechanism will be put in place.
It is expected that the national portal will be developed in about 6-8 weeks.
For DISCOM portals -> https://solarrooftop.gov.in/Report/DiscomList/list